St. Patrick’s Day celebrations are a long-standing tradition in New Jersey. It’s a chance for everyone to get together and share fun and joy with the community. This year there are plenty of opportunities to attend St. Patrick’s Day events for Senior Citizens.
There are so many ways for older adults to celebrate this traditional Irish holiday. You can find local St. Patrick’s Day parades all across New Jersey. In addition, there are several Irish dance shows and other festivities. With so many events, you will surely find a local celebration for the whole family.
What Activities can Senior Citizens do on St. Patrick’s Day?
Whether you’re going out or staying in, there are many activities older adults can do to celebrate St. Patty’s Day:
Bake Irish soda bread
Attend a parade
Decorate shamrock cookies
Watch Irish dance
Eat an Irish meal
St. Patrick’s Day Parades in New Jersey 2023
Parades in honor of St. Patrick have been a long-standing American tradition, with the first recorded event held in St. Augustine, FL in 1601. As more and more Irish immigrants moved to America, the tradition spread. Nowadays, many Irish American Associations host parades starting with an Investiture Mass at the local Catholic Church. Check out some of these parades in New Jersey.
- Newark — March 10 at 1:00 p.m. on Central Ave.
- Morristown — March 11 at noon on South Street.
- Union — March 11 at 5:00 p.m. on Morris Ave.
- Dumont — March 12 at 2:00 p.m. on Omaha Street
- Clinton — March 12 at 3:00 p.m. on Main Street
- Ashbury Park — March 12 at 1:00 p.m. on Ocean Ave.
- West Orange — March 12 at 12:15 p.m. on Main Stree
- Newton — March 18 at 12:00 p.m. on Trinity Street.
- Ringwood — March 25 at 1:00 p.m. on Skyline Drive
Local festivals make for significant St. Patrick’s Day events for Senior Citizens. For example, parades-after parties are often family-friendly that carry on the celebration following the procession. Also, find a festival to celebrate Irish heritage.
- Somerville St. Patrick’s Day Grand Marshal Event on March 11 from 7:00 – 11:00 p.m.
- FSSP Parade After Party at the Red Mill in Clinton on March 12 at 4:00 p.m.
Traditional Irish dancing involves intricate footwork accompanied by Irish folk music. Watching a show is a great way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. In addition, you can find many dance events for Senior Citizens in New Jersey this March.
- Riverdance is playing at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center in Newark from March 10 – 12.
- St. Patrick’s Day Dance Exhibition will be held on March 11 at the Museum of Early Trades & Crafts in Madison, NJ.
- You can see The Irish Cabaret starring Andy Cooney at the Hunterdon Hills Playhouse March 14 – 19.
- Dublin Irish Dance has shows at State Theater New Jersey on March 7 and Mayo Performing Arts Center on March 16.
In-Home Care for Senior Citizens in New Jersey
The dedicated CHHHAs at Anita’s Angels, Inc. want our clients to experience all the joys of their golden years, including going to St. Patrick’s Day events. We are Families Helping Families. Let’s talk about how our family can help yours—call 908-788-9390.