Are you looking for a healthy, low-cost way to get more vegetables and whole grains into your diet? This simple, nutritious pasta salad is a tasty way to increase your intake of fiber and vitamins. The recipe is incredibly adaptable—you can substitute ingredients with any vegetables you happen to have on hand.
Pasta Salad is also an easy dish to bring to a summer pot luck. You can make it the night before and let it refrigerate overnight. Longer refrigeration time allows the flavors to marinate.
Pasta Salad Ingredients:
- 3 cups cooked whole-grain pasta, cooled
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup cucumber slices
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 small can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Mrs. Dash, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss lightly
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired
- Refrigerate for at least one hour to allow the flavors to blend
Makes about 4 main dish servings or 8 side dish servings.
In-home elder care services support Seniors Citizens with healthy, home-cooked meals. At Anita’s Angels, Inc., we are “Families Helping Families.” Call 908-788-9390 to learn about how our family can help your family.