You can make healthy Halloween treats for Senior Citizens at home using simple ingredients like fruit and yogurt. Creating these treats is a great family activity. They are so easy to make that grandparents and grandchildren can prepare them together. Have fun this Halloween with Boo-nana Ghosts and Candy Corn Parfait.
What are healthy Halloween treats for Senior Citizens?
Halloween doesn’t have to be loaded with refined sugar and candy. Many Senior Citizens love simple tidbits such as raisins and pretzels. Plus, there are several Halloween-inspired desserts you can make with fresh fruit, such as Candy Corn Parfait, Clementine Pumpkins, and Boo-nana Ghost Pops.
Candy Corn Parfait
This fruity-layered dessert mimics the look of yellow, orange, and white candy corn.
- Pineapple chunks
- Orange slices
- Banana slices
- Vanilla yogurt
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, candy corn
- In a clear cup, layer pineapple chunks, orange slices, and banana slices.
- Dollop with vanilla yogurt.
- Add optional toppings, if desired.
These tiny pumpkins are so simple and easy to make with only two ingredients:
- Clementine oranges (or tangerines)
- Peel the clementines, leaving the sections intact
- Cut celery into a thin 1/2 inch long section
- Place the celery piece at the top of the peeled orange so it looks like a little pumpkin stem.
Boo-nana Ghosts Pops
For this festive frozen treat, you’ll need a tray that will fit in the freezer, parchment or wax paper, and popsicle sticks or straws.
- Vanilla yogurt
- Mini chocolate chips
- Cover a tray with parchment paper
- Peel the bananas
- Cut the bananas in half
- Securely insert a popsicle stick or straw into the cut end
- Place on prepared tray
- Freeze for 30 minutes
- Remove from the freezer and coat in vanilla yogurt.
- Place three chocolate chips, pointy end in, to form two eyes
- Use a raisin for an open mouth
- Freeze for at least another 30 minutes
Bonus: More Autumnal Recipes
Try our other healthy autumn-inspired recipes such as Oatmeal Apple Crisp, Cinnamon Apple Bake, and Chicken in White Wine Sauce. We hope these healthy Halloween recipes for Senior Citizens bring joy to your family. We are Families Helping Families. Find out how our family can help yours—call 908-788-9390.